Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 3

Standards and Organizations were the focus of this weeks class. There are a boatload of technology organizations out there dedicated to the facilitating the adaption and integration of technology in the classroom. A simple Google search would show you a hundred and one pages on technology being used in the classroom. I am a student member in a number of these organizations that are very good in keeping me in the loop regarding upcoming events and information that can help me. What i would like to see, however, is more local organizations and networks. I've attempted to cultivate a number of my own professional contacts in hopes that it becomes a bit more than a random newsgroup. I find this group invaluable as i can talk to them about plans, ideas, and brainstorm when needed. I think this is something that more teachers should do, regardless the focus. In the pass, I've observed at schools where each class is a type of micro-system on it's own and i find it sad that more collaboration isn't incorporated. Imagine 2 brilliant minds instead of 1 leading the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment